I hope you’re ready for our Podcasting Basics course, because I know that I am! Podcasting has grown exponentially over the last 10-15 years and is only getting bigger. Numbers show that 44% of the U.S. population has listened to a podcast, and I’m almost certain that number has increased since this poll was taken. I believe podcasting is a great way to put your message out to the world, whether you do a formal show, an informal show, a how-to show or a litany of other things. So, I say if you’ve ever thought to yourself, “I’ve got something to say,” or “I could teach people about this,” or even “I always wanted to be on the radio,” podcasting is for you! I want everyone that has ever had the itch to podcast or those that don’t even know what a podcast is, to join our Podcasting Basics class starting January 24th at 6:30p.m. at the Cohn School. I hope to see you there! -Christopher Taylor
5 questions with Podcasting Instructor
1. Why do you believe Podcasts have been so popular lately? I believe they’ve gained more popularity because the world is changing and the way we receive information is changing as well.
2. What would you say makes a great podcast show? I believe that having authentic content and your own sound.
3. What is the one thing you have learned over the last year doing your own podcast that has really made a difference in your show? I have learned that you must be willing to change and/or adapt to different audiences but always stay true to yourself.
4. What are some of your favorite podcasts shows? Brilliant Idiot’s Podcast, The Joe Budden Podcast and The Right, with Bomani Jones.
5. What is one thing you believe every student will walk away understanding after taking Podcasting Basics? I want people to walk away understanding that a podcast is whatever you want it to be and much more. It’s not something that has to be too complicating and to remember that this is supposed to not be WORK but FUN as well.
Register for the Podcasting Basics class that starts on October 23rd.