We interviewed our new instructor Nicole La Bailarina. She is teaching Salsa Basics.
We are excited to have you here with us to teach Salsa Basics this fall! Yay Me too!
1. Tell our students more about you?! I'm a Nashville Native (#unicorn), and I've been teaching Salsa and Bachata for the past six years.
2. When did you get interested in Salsa? After I graduated from college. I had a background in Modern dance and was looking for a way to keep dancing.
3. Do you enjoy other forms of dancing? I do! Contemporary and Modern will always have my heart. I also enjoy Bachata, Kizomba, Zouk, and ChaChaCha!
4. Why is Salsa a great activity to participate in? Salsa is a fun way to work out and socialize! It helps relieve some stress and boost your confidence.
5. Why do you think people believe Salsa is hard to learn? They watch too much Dancing With The Stars. I'm not teaching acrobatics, lol
6. Do you always need to have a partner when joining a Salsa class? No! It’s a great way to meet new people. I have everyone rotate in class so they can get to know one another and feel how different people dance.
7. What do you think is the most challenging aspect of teaching Salsa? Timing to the music. I once had someone tell me that when they first started Salsa music was “an incomprehensible wall of sound” Yikes!
8. What are some benefits of Salsa dancing? So many! Beyond the physical and emotional things like wellness and having fun, the most significant benefit is being part of a community of some of the most amazing souls in Nashville.
9. What advice would you give anyone who wants to learn Salsa? Try it today. Don’t second guess it. You’ll wish you had started sooner.
Register today for Salsa Basics, September 9th-30th, Inglewood Elementary, 6:00pm-7:00pm.